Alli Gerkman of Next Generation Event chats about helpful hints and resources for planning effective meetings. I found these suggestions extremely helpful as they can apply to a professional in any industry.
She references a great post by Guy Kawasaki on things to consider for effective and powerful meetings:
- Start on time even if everyone isn’t there because they will be next time
- Invite the fewest people possible to the meeting
- Set an agenda for exactly what’s going to happen at the meeting
- End on time so that everyone focuses on the pertinent issues
- Send an email to all participants that confirms decisions reviews action items.